Sunday, May 23, 2010

Tired

I am undoubtedly entering the third trimester.  The glory days of the second trimester are winding down as I feel more and more tired every day.  

Today in particular. Hubbie is away for a couple days (we have a long weekend in Canada) on a fishing trip with his brother and I am home with the toddler.  Today we slept in until 10.  Well, I slept in until 10.  Noah slept in until 11!  Crazy right?  "This is great," I thought.  But then he didn't go down for a nap until 4:30 and I was so tired I just took him in my bed and we both took a nap.  He woke up after 6pm and then obviouly did not go to sleep in the evening till much past his regular bed time.  So it threw my whole day outta whack and here I am at 20 to midnight exhausted.

I spent about an hour and a half grocery shopping this evening at Wal*Mart while Noah visited with his best friend, Apko (his grandpa - Nate's dad).  The task was so exhausting.  All those isles.  All those items... Grocery shopping always kills me.  I love sending hubbie a text on his phone with the grocery list and he doesn't mind doing the shopping.  But on this perticular weekend I had to do it - I've got a friend coming in from outta town tomorrow moning and the fridge and pantry needed re-stocking.

In light of my recent carb-cutback, I found myself avoiding the cereal isle altogether.  I love cereal.  I am a cereal monster.  But I gotta do what I gotta do.  This morning it was boiled eggs with whole wheat toast and home-made strawberry jam.  It was okay.  I got bored of over-easy eggs so I wanted to give something else a try... let's boil them I thought.  Hm.  I miss cereal.

When I was pregnant with Noah I remember going through the same thing.  I avoided cereal towards the end.  It just got too hard.  So once I delivered I called down for "room service" the next morning at the hospital and ordered a bowl of cereal among other things.  The crazy thing was that I was listed as a "diabetic" and so they could not serve me everything on the menu.  I was beside myself.  I understand the restriction for Type 2 Diabetics and it makes sense, but I was Type 1.  Hello?  I take insulin.  It was crazy that even within a hospital they did fully understand the difference.

My endocrinologist was on vacation the week that I delivered Noah so there were no instruction given.  I had to wait until the following day for the acting endo. to "okay" my cereal.  Imagine my distress.  There I was with no more placenta that is causing crazy ratios and I still couldn't have what I wanted.

The day that I came home from the hospital my sister-in-law surprised me with a Jumbo size box of Frosted Flakes with a big yellow bow on top.  It was waiting for me on the kitchen table  It was so sweet!

Funny enough, my endo has vacation booked for the last two weeks in August this year.  I am due 1st of Sept!  Go figure!  So it may not lineup again!  I'll have to have him send instructions before he leaves just in case: "Rebeca is okay to have cereal!  Just give her the cereal and no one gets hurt."

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm me thinks you deliver at 37.5 weeks perhaps? ;) I wish I could help you out on the tiredness front - having a toddler and being preggers - my hat goes off to you! ;)

    I smiled at your comment about hospital menus. We must've been separated at birth! I got the same bs from the hospital here and it infuriated me. I didn't want to eat porridge - but like you, it was more about being told what I could eat which I felt insulting after so many years of insulin and carb counting. Sigh. I think next time I'll just take one of those big variety packs of cereals in with me and use their milk - maybe you could do that too?

    Hope you get some good sleeps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. Sorry the hospitals are stupid. I hate being labelled as Diabetic. I can eat! I have insulin! Please, let me eat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Hang tight and I'll approve it.