Thursday, May 6, 2010

I dream of laundry

So I dug and I dug until I found it.  My novel.  Well it's really a manuscript I guess.  I hope it will be turned into a paperback soon!  How exciting!  It's pretty funny since I was only 17-years-old when I wrote it.  It's a little juvinile but still pretty good.  Reading it all over again after so many years has really brought back so many of the memories of that weekend, of my first love.  I can't wait to sit down with my friend the "editor" in July and see what she thinks.  In the mean time, I am really going to start writing Part 2, "untitled". 

The countdown to my mat. leave continues.  26 more working days. I have dreams of getting laundry done, and making the beds and cleaning out hubbie's closet.  But most of all I can't wait to start working on the basement.  I'm not sure how much I can do since I can't help with the huge sheets of drywall.  Mudding and sanding is pretty much out - the drywall dust is a concern.  Painting is out for sure - too many fumes.  Electrical will be taken care of by my Master Electrician hubbie and the flooring by some friends...  So there it is.  I guess I will supervise and make sure everything is on schedule.  I can't wait!

I had an appointment with my high risk OB today.  The results of the Fetal Echo. came back and Nr. 2's heart is perfect.  It was a very long and detailed ultrasound where the technician and a radiologist looks at Nr. 2's heart.  They must have spend about 45 min to an hour just looking at this side, then the other... The fact that Nr. 2 was doing jumping jacks and summer-saults didn't help matters.  I was there at least an hour and a half.  The results are good.  There are no concerns at all.  This mom is so relived.  I am so glad so far everything is normal with this pregnancy.  Praise God!  I can only keep tight control and keep those Constant Glucose Monitoring devices "implanted" under the skin (that sounds gross... but it works).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Hang tight and I'll approve it.