Monday, August 23, 2010

Fifteen Days, Really?!

one of my fave. shirts :)
Does that counter really say 15 days?  So amazing.  So close.  I cannot believe it.  We are so excited.  I am so huge and it's getting harder and harder to get comfortable even when laying down.

We are working away.  The Basement Project is surprisingly coming along great.  Saturday was  a whole day affair.  We worked and worked and worked.  Even I was down there with a drywall gun screwing in drywall.  No heavy lifting at all - the boys would put up the sheet and they'd hold it while I screwed in a few screws then they'd leave me to it.  It was great.  I really felt like I helped.  I looked pretty funny - 9 months pregnant using power tools - but that's nesting my friends.

I am looking forward to my parents returning from Europe in one week.  I can't wait.

I pulled out all the baby clothes and cleaned out this massive armoir that will be in the nursery.  I folded all the baby clothes and put up all the sleepers on hangers.  I feel somewhat prepared for No. 2.  I still hope he gives us these last two weeks.  I really think we can pull it together.

I also packed the diaper bag for the hospital and my bag is partly ready - with the last minute items to be "chucked in" on our way out the door.

All we have to do now is throw on a coat of paint in Hubby's office and the upstairs room will be cleared to make way for the crib and the change table and the armoir and the glidder... so excited to hold this little guy.

AND we have a name.  It's great.  First and middle name.  We are content.  Baby can come now.   Well maybe in two weeks he can come.  Besides, my endo is on vacation in Africa somewhere and my OB is on vacation in Florida.  Really bad week to come.  Monday.  No. 2 is allowed to come after Monday.  Both docs are back in the country and my parents too.

Sugars have been good.  Only when I don't behave and have cereal or chinese food do they go wonky... but even then I can usually get it in range within an hour or so.

Shoot I just remembered I missed an appointment this morning.  Pregnancy brain... not gonna miss that.

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!! Getting so close ;) Can't WAIT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only a few more days to go! Can't wait to read the birth story. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Hang tight and I'll approve it.