Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Today's Dinner - TACO RING


One of my hubbie's favorites.  I had about three of those "sections" which is about three croissants.  I told my pump I'm having 70g of carbs (a little on the higher side but I wanted to be sure to cover it).  I  bolused and my sugar (now 2 hrs later) is 7.4   Boo-yeah!

Here's the recipe.  It's delicious.

Taco Ring

  • Time 20 minutes
  • Serves 8

Ingredients

  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 pkg taco seasoning mix
  • 1 cup (4 oz) cheddar cheese
  • 2 Tbsp water
  • 2 8 oz refrigerated crescent rolls
  •  
  • Garnish:
  • Green bell pepper
  • Salsa
  • Lettuce
  • Tomato
  • Chopped onion
  • Pitted ripe olives
  • Sour Cream

How to make it

  • Preheat oven to 375 F
  • Brown ground beef and drain grease.
  • Stir in taco seasoning, water and cheese.
  • Unroll crescent rolls and separate. Arrange triangles in a circle on a round baking stone with wide ends overlapping in center and points toward the outside. There should be about a 5 inch diameter in the center.
  • Scoop meat mixture evenly onto widest ends of dough at center of ring. Bring points in and over and tuck underneath the wide end.
  • Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
  • You can garnish with bell pepper, lettuce, salsa, tomatoes, onion, sour cream, olives, etc.

4 comments:

  1. Rebeca, that sounds sooooooooooooooooo good!!!! Nice food styling too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband would be ALL OVER THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate celiac. I want those cresent rolls right. now.

    Thanks for listening to me whine. It just looks so stinking good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! Oh! You made me all hungry... cue a trip to the fridge hehe :P Wish I could get those crescent rolls in NZ, I've never seen them before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Believe it or not - never had Pillsbury crescent rolls before. Guess my Mum thought they were evil for a diabetic (or she couldn't afford them). I'll have to take a look at the container of these rolls next time I'm in the store - and figure out the carb count (vital for us D's to know) - so I can have as BIG a portion as possible!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Hang tight and I'll approve it.