Monday, June 21, 2010

Give Peas a Chance

Life is so good right now.  I am not working at work.  I am working at home.  I am working on my relationship with my little boy, I am working on maintaining great sugar readings, I am working on my hubby's business, I am working at keeping a clean house, and I am working on getting ready for the baby.

I am finding it so hard to set time aside time to do things that I did before, like update my blog.  Simply because I am no longer in front of a computer 8 hours a day.  I am now free.  I am free to run around barefoot in the backyard with Noah, I am free to stay up late (belly permitting of course), to spend early mornings in bed with hubby with no worries of being late for work and lounge around watching Thomas the Train with my little guy any time we please.

I miss my mum terribly.  And updating my blog for her motivates me to do it.  She was my first "follower".  She is my greatest fan.  :)  I love you mom! They are gone away to Europe for the whole summer.  They return one week before my due date.  I can't wait to see them.  They've spoiled us with so many visits this Spring... it's hard to think that I won't see them for another 2.5 months.  We've tried communicating on Skype and other webcam messenger programs but the connection there is pretty terrible.  So I miss her and dad so much. I've never in my whole life been away from them for such a long stretch of time.  Or as she'd say "I ever, never..."

Today is a day of work.  Good work.  I am spending the rest of the morning filing and then in the afternoon hubby will take a break from his work and him and I will be doing some shopping for materials for the big basement project.  I can't wait to have a fully finished basement.  So exciting.  More space to clean.  That was sarcastic and I don't really mean it.  It will be fun.  For sure.  And there is a huge room down there that will be a guest bedroom/my studio.  I'm into Video editing and scrapbooking and I love to have my own space for that.  The dinning room table won't cut it anymore.

Here's to a great Monday.  (Which is so funny - because Mondays were the worst while still working the 9 to 5).

To borrow from the Black Eyed Peas: "I got a feeling, that today's gonna be a great day, that today gonna be a great, great day!"


2 comments:

  1. What a cute t-shirt! :) simply adorable! I can't imagine being apart from my Mum for more than a week! But your Mum will be back before you know it, and it sounds like Noah will keep you busy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet Noah is LOVING having you to run around (perhaps with a slight waddle :) ) the backyard with :) All the best for the basement project...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Hang tight and I'll approve it.