Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Glorious Numbers

Hello new day!   Current BG is 5.3  :)  WOW.  What a difference.  I have a sensor in and life seems under control once again.  God is faithful.  The wisdom of the endo's office staff is once again proved!  Thank you!

I did have a low last night and another this morning.  But that is fine.  I can deal with those. But I will keep an eye on them. 

I am now at home busily tidying up the house.  Who wouldn't with so much energy and happiness?  With numbers like these I could go all day.  The small victories in life.

And I was finally able to connect with my mom who is overseas this morning.  That also put me in a great mood.  Finally, Gmail voice and video came through for us!

I just wanted to post a small note to thank you all for the kind words of encouragement and for sharing that you've gone through days like those.  I'm sure more will come.  But for now, I will praise my Creator who always comes through for me.  Always turns things around and comes to my rescue.

:)

I was up pretty late last night not only waiting for the number to come down but also watching Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution.  I was inspired by Lorraine's blog about her son Caleb.  He is a 10-year-old T1 Diabetic and he is really into this new Food Revolution.  And he even took it to his school officials.  He did not feel that the food that was being served in the cafetaria was anywhere close to healthy and he wanted something to be done about it.  I was blown away.  He is 10.  WOW!  So I watched the first 3 episodes of the show (I know it was a bit much) but it was so good.

I woke up this morning at 8 am happy and inspired to feed my family a healthy breakfast.  We had eggs, ham, milk, orange juice and pears.  It was great.  I am all over this cooking from scratch idea.  Not that I don't do it now but a show like that shows me just what my slack will do to our kids and to hubby.  The processed crap that we sometimes eat (when I "don't feel like" cooking) is simply horrid.  And I need to say no to it.  For goodness sake, I love to cook.  I don't like the planning stage but hey you know what - it's just part of the process.  So I am committed to serving up great meals for my little growing family.

I am off to continue with laundry and tidying up the house.  All along the way thanking God that we have three or four loads to do - because that means that we have more than enough clothes;  thanking God that I have to load the dishwasher - because that means we've had great food; and while I swiffer and wash the floor I'll thank God for the square footage of my raised ranch - how well our God provides for our needs.

Here's to a great day.

3 comments:

  1. I love your positive attitude. God does love us all and He knows what you're going through. All the craziness of pregnancy and diabetes mixed. He is blessing you every step of the way. I love recognizing those small blessings too. Thanks for reminding me that laundry day is a blessing too. I need to start mine now! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh yes I need to cook more too. It is so easy to just take the easy route and get takeaways. But they never taste as good, and they are never as nutritious as home cooked meals. I saw Caleb's video too, it's quite inspiring eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5.3 - woohoo :) Here's hoping they're still tracking at that level. I have to agree that starting your day on a good number makes it so easy to charge at the day huh?? Look how close your baby ticker is now... not long to go really...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Hang tight and I'll approve it.