Friday, June 11, 2010

Last Day on the Job

Today is the last day.  Starting Monday I am a full time mom.  For a year a bit anyways.  I am so excited.  I can barely contain it.  Today is dragging on though, of course. 

I have a pretty lengthy TO DO list to wrap everything up at my desk, but I am hesitant to get started.  And I'm not sure why.  Maybe I'm still waking up, maybe I'm afraid to be ALL DONE my list and then to just twiddle my thumbs.  But maybe that won't be so bad.  Maybe I'll get to leave early ;)  Doubt it. 

I woke up this morning with a smile on my face.  Last day. 

Tomorrow is our 6 year anniversary.  We are celebrating it by going out to our favorite restaurant in the Ritzy part of town after spending the whole day together.  We're planning on spending the day strolling the Arts Museum in the States and maybe some lite shopping.  The little monkey will be enjoying the day with his best friend (grandpa) - museums are so boring for toddlers.

When I first saw my hubbie ten years ago, he was strumming a guitar at the front of the church.  This Sunday, I get a chance to glimpse back since he will be leading the music at our little church.  He hasn't picked up his guitar in about two years so it's been nice to hear him singing and playing the guitar around the house this week.  He is pretty excited to be back into it and I am pretty excited too.  It was so much fun pouring over sheets of music, helping him pick up the song line-up for Sunday.  We sang and giggled and worshipped God on the living room floor last night.  It was really cool. 

I have so much to be thankful to God for today and I will make the best of it.  Off I go to get that TO DO list all finished, my desk cleaned out, files put away and random back room stuff in a box that I'll walk out with.  It's times like these that I wish I had a plant.  In the movies, they always have a plant when they leave the office with one of those boxes on the last day. 

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! :) I'm thrilled that you're at this point - it's brilliant. And happy anniversary too!! A week of celebrations, me thinks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Way to go! Congrats on your anniversary, and best wishes for the maternity leave :) When are you due?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! What a perfect morning so far! :) I am due Sept 1st. I took early mat leave by 2 months so I get the whole summer off! I'm going to play with my little toddler all summer long.

    I can't wait to give hubbie the traditional 6 year gift - iron.... therefore NEW IRONS for golfing!

    I will post later all the adventures of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH CONGRATS! I can't wait to hear what a wonderful day you had :) HAPPY ANNIVERSARY...and HAPPY HAPPY LIFE!

    God Bless your beautiful little family and the memories that are yet to come!

    I am not kidding...

    wv: GODTEST

    GOD IS GOOD! NO NEED TO GODTEST!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Hang tight and I'll approve it.