Saturday, December 25, 2010

'twas the late night before Christmas

It's 3:30 am - night before Christmas. I'm pretty sure I am not the only parent awake wrapping and getting everything ready for Christmas morning. All the gifts are wrapped and I just finished Hubby's gift. It's not the "main" gift. We decided a while back that the new iPhone 4 would be our gifts to each other. So yesterday we got them. We are both very excited about them... But enough about how giddy I am over my new toy.

I put together a frame of Hubby's favorite memories from our "Victory Trip" to Europe last fall. I just finished it and I'm about to head to bed before I fall asleep with the scissors and tape in hand. I can't help but smile as I look it over. That trip was so amazing! 11 countries in 3 weeks! We climbed the Eiffel tower, walked in the mountains in Switzerland, rode the gondola in Venice, I met all of Hubby's relatives in former Yugoslavia and he met mine in Romania. Then we wrapped up our trip by sightseeing Budapest, finding Hubby's roots in Slovakia, and flying out out of Vienna. It was spectacular.




I haven't had a chance to wake up as early as I did on Monday morning. This week was a whirlwind of running around and going to bed much too late. I hope maybe I can jump back into reading that book I started on prayer.

I'm off to bed. I hope to catch a couple of hours of sleep before I find a monkey jumping on my bed begging me to wake up so we and open presents.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Thanks for your comment! Hang tight and I'll approve it.