Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Basement Project: going great!

The Basement Project: Future Guest Room BEFORE

The Basement Project has hit the ground running!  I can't believe how much work we got done in the last two or three days.

I spent about 3 or 4 hours today completely transforming my most cluttered room in the house (the future guest bedroom in the basement) into a perfectly ready to renovate/drywall/finish space.

The Basement Project: Future Guest Room AFTER
The Basement Project: The clutter - D-cluttered




If that's not nesting I don't know what is.  All that clutter became very organized and neatly stashed away in the only room in the basement that has a finished floor - the laundry room.  Wow.  I even impressed myself.

And late in the afternoon I felt like I was running out of steam and a cat nap was in order... but somehow I was determined to get the room done so that Hubby can lay down the prep-flooring layers (some dimpled plastic that goes on the concrete and then plywood) so I skipped it.  I was fine.  I've been napping every day around 2ish so missing one day isn't so bad.  I had determination today!   



And check these pics out of Hubby's future office:

Step 1: Clear the space
Step 2: Add dimpled plastic on top of concrete
Step 3: Framing for the door
Step 4: Drywall the inside of the office
How can I not be excited?  This is great!  Tomorrow early A.M. I am picking up some more dimples and some more plywood (don't worry the peeps at those Big Box building supply stores do all the loading) and Hubby will be working away at other various things.  So excited!

And an update on the marble: CostCo headquarters is now involved.  I guess they don't like it that we've had such a horrible experience and have put us in touch directly with a top-dog at the company that supplied them the marble.  Spoke with him today and he is looking into it for me (at their warehouse in Los Angeles and also on the East coast) and getting back to me tomorrow. 

My mother-in-law has been graciously watching Noah while my father-in-law is the jack-of-all-trades in our basement - I sure love that Hubby takes after him.

On the diabetes/pregnant front: at today's ultrasound/OB appt, No. 2 is measuring around 7 lbs.  Ekk.  Really?  I'm supposedly only 34 weeks.  Um, I guess I make big babies.   Reminding myself that Noah was 9 lbs 9 oz when he was born and that I pushed for only 10 min and that total labour was only 6 hours.  Also reminding myself: God is good and He will give me the strength to get through this upcoming delivery too.  I am sure of it! 

Praising God for all the hard work that is going into The Basement Project.  All to make the pregnant lady happy.  And I guess to sleep her parents somewhere when they visit too.  And to give No. 2 a nursery.  Alright, it's not just for the pregnant lady.  But it does make her happy.

Oh you know what else makes me happy?  Hubby.  Last night we had some friends over and I had a craving for pistachio ice cream  (of all things!)  So off Hubby went to the 24hr grocery store to pick some up.  But who carries Pistachio Ice Cream?!  Not Metro.  He returned with Vanilla Ice Cream and Pistachios.  How cute is that?  Then he opened a whole bunch of pistachios (resisting the urge to eat every other one) and put them through the food processor.  Then in the blender they went with the Vanilla ice cream!  It was really good ice cream.  Totally quenched my craving and make me a very happy and in-love pregnant mama!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Rebeca you look sooooooooooo cute!!!! Check out that B.U.M.P!!! Brilliant :)

    The reno work looks amazing. I'm in envy at how organised your shelving looks. Nice work - and what a great MIL watching Noah.

    Can't wait to see the 'after' pics (of the basement and the bubba!!) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Hang tight and I'll approve it.