Friday, April 23, 2010

Nr. 2 is not shy

It feels like we had a doctor's appointment every day last week.  A couple were just routine but two were "great news appointments". On Thursday we went to see Nate's oncologist and Friday we had an ultrasound scheduled at the hospital.  At the Thursday appointment we got great news - Nate is still cancer free and his CAT scan showed stable results.  We were very excited for the oncologist to confirm that to us. We've also scheduled May 13th for Nate to go into surgery to have his chemo port removed.  So it's official.  They don't believe the cancer is coming back!

Then the following morning we got more great news.  I had my 20 week ultrasound for No. 2 at the hospital.  The technician was very nice and while hubbie waited out in the waiting room, we chatted about our recent Europe trip and her upcoming Greece advanture.  I told her I wanted Nate and I to find out the gender of our second baby together.  She went out of the room to get Nate while I was left to text "It's a .... (stay tuned)...." to a whole bunch of our close friends. 

While I lay there waiting, a message came over the intercom: "OB to the front desk, lower level stat. OB to the front desk, lower level stat."  I could only imagine the scene as a mom urgently starts pushing right there in the main lobby of the hospital - nurses and doctors running around frantically.  I wondered if I could quickly run out of the room and overlook the fiasco before Nate and the technician return.  I'm glad I decided against this "gawker's impulse" and stayed put since she returned in just a few minutes with hubbie in tow.

She squeezed some more goop on my bulging belly and Nr. 2's image came back on the screen. She started at the top of the head and worked her way down.  Nr 2 was laying sideways and in some of the pictures she printed for us you can see the full length, head to toes.  It was amazing!  Then she worked her way down.  Shoulders, abdomin, and as she reached the "private" area she said, "I'll let you guys make the call." And there it was.  Two legs and a little thingy inbetween.  Clear as day - it's a boy!  Nate and I burst out into laughter!  It was amazing! He was not shy at all. 

She printed the photo and I couldn't stop laughing.  I love it!  My little boy.  Another little boy!  It suddenly dawned on me how amazing that is. My boys will be there to protect their mom, to fight with cardboard swords and play in the mud.  To find frogs to show me, to race their trucks and watch Disney's CARS 100 times.  I am so excited for my 2 1/2 year old little toddler.  He is going to love having a permanent buddy to play with. 

I suddenly feel very outnumbered, and I'm loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Hang tight and I'll approve it.