Saturday, March 20, 2010

Sacrifice

When pregnant, one is vulnerable to catching a cold from anyone. Be it from the last person who pressed the button on the elevator and then you rubbed you itchy nose, or the mailman that sneezed on your envelops just before depositing them in your mailbox... when you expected a "perfumed" love letter form afar. Or from your toddler, who wants nothing more than to be held and loved while he secretly wipes his snot on your sleeve.

My son had a cold last week. He is slowly getting over it - just as I get under it. I am looking at it as a sort of "transfer" of the cold. And I take the sacrifice willingly if that means my little monkey will stop coughing like an old man. I am a big girl (growing bigger every day actually) and although I can't get all drugged up with the bun in the oven, there are certain things I can take for this cold. OJ is one of these things. Lots of Pulp, Orange Juice. And rest. And I know how to blow my nose in a Kleenex, unlike my little son.

So although I am quietly suffering, I know it is for the greater good. I nursed my son back to health - I am sure. I had to be there for him. How can one stay away from such a little sick body?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Hang tight and I'll approve it.